Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sneaky...

I have a confession...
sometimes I let my kid be sneaky.. 
like when I tell him he can't have a toy in bed.. 
but then I spy it under the covers... 

Sometimes,
I get my parent voice on and take it away.. 
but sometimes.. 
I pretend not to see it.

He has such satisfaction, 
that I didn't find it.. 
that he got away with something.. 

I really don't know what I am fostering here.. 
maybe a future kleptomaniac.. 
that will be fun.. 

But in a way.. 
I feel like I am giving him some independence.. 
to have a little secret
all his own.. 
an accomplishment..
even if sneaky and against the rules.. 

He must think I'm inept.. 
unable to see the toy clearly in his bed.. 
but I advert my eyes as he quickly covers it up.. 
and turns to sleep.. 
our little sneaky game.

No comments:

Post a Comment